Sunday, April 26, 2009

It must be the mung beans that Jack's mother threw out!


Ever since I was little and learnt the story of Jack and the bean stalk, I have always wanted to know the name of the bean that Jack's angry mother threw out the kitchen window.
Your guess is right! It must be the magical mung beans.According to the story, it grew overnight into a bean stalk that reached the sky.My bean sprouts have confirmed that this is a true tale.
I have placed a coffee mug next to the flower pot as a scale to compare the size of the pot. This photo was taken on the fifth day since I first sprout the beans.Look at the volume and the rate it has grown!

Whatever you do with the mung beans, please do not throw them out of the window. Unless you want to climb the bean stalk in the garden to the sky.

9 comments:

  1. Hi BY,
    We have eaten half of it. We kept the other halves in the fridge to cook a stir-fry for tomorrow's dinner. I will post the recipe and also take a photo of the dish. Please stay tuned.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uncle Phil

    Can't really see the mung bean clear enough from the photo!

    Cheers
    Lim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lim,
    Come over for dinner tomorrow. And you can see them personally.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent boh gay yet, so no need to eat too much tao gay. hehe

    anyway wat is your recipe for this dish? is it tao gay with salted fish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BY,
    It's towkua char towgay(beans sprout stir-fry with hard tofu) :) Will do the salted fish recipe next time.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy... havent get to eat that for long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am growing the 2nd pot today..the first one was gone! Mattias love it! He´s half chinese, only like Asian food. My mum used to fried tou gay with salted fish & Toufu..I can eat the whole plate with feeling regrets..he he!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hej Estee,
    Please send our love and best wishes to Nelina on her birthday today. Growing towgay is as easy as ABC. We are glad that you are able to enjoy your own homegrown towgay. I will post how to make your own salted fish as soon I go to the fish market next weekend.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete